Monday, April 19, 2010

Wishlist 2010

By making this list, I am pledging that I will not buy anything from it until after May. I'll probably leave it up after that for my own reference.

Thank you so much guys! I'm so happy with all the presents I got =)

e-Reader accessories - my Sony Touch Edition (PRS-600) only has the basics

  • Red cover from Sony - just red leather, no fuss.
  • M-Edge - several different types of covers, leather, neoprene and nylon, and there is a light that can be used with any of the covers. I like the cover you can use as a bookstand.
  • A PSP charger - in case I don't feel like charging it up via USB.
  • Memory Stick Pro Duo or SD card - expansion for more books and music.

Arashi DVDs I do not have - I only started buying box sets in 2008

  • Yoiko no Mikata (2003) - Sakurai Sho as a pre-school teacher. Sho and kids are win.
  • Yamada Taro Monogatari (2007) - Ninomiya Kazunari, Sakurai Sho as poor and rich students (respectively) in a prestigious school. Funny and entertaining.
  • Kimi wa Petto (2003) - Matsumoto Jun as the young man that a repressed older woman takes in. It's a bit ecchi.
  • Bambino! (2007) - Matsumoto Jun as the new chef in an Italian restaurant. I didn't like his character much in this drama.
  • Kaibutsu-kun (2010)

Jewellery - highly expensive pieces, but I'm happy with just normal stuff

Toys - I'm addicted to cute plushies

Books - so many books are out-of-print, but they're childhood memories for me

Adult Fairy Tale Series edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
* Black Thorn, White Rose
* Ruby Slippers, Golden Tear
* Black Swan, White Raven
* Silver Birch, Blood Moon
* Black Heart, Ivory Bones
Notes: I have the first book from this series, Snow White, Blood Red. I think the first couple are being re-printed and are available on The Book Depository. The last two are a bit harder to find. I did find them on ebay, but I don't know if they're still there.

A Book of... series by Ruth Manning-Sanders and illustrated by Robin Jacques
* A Book of Giants, 1962
* A Book of Dwarfs, 1963
* A Book of Dragons, 1964
* A Book of Witches, 1965
* A Book of Wizards, 1966
* A Book of Mermaids, 1967
* A Book of Ghosts and Goblins, 1968
* A Book of Princes and Princesses, 1969
* A Book of Magical Beasts, 1970
* A Book of Devils and Demons, 1970
* A Book of Charms and Changelings, 1971
* A Book of Ogres and Trolls, 1972
* A Book of Sorcerers and Spells, 1973
* A Book of Magic Animals, 1974
* A Book of Monsters, 1975
* A Book of Enchantments and Curses, 1977
* A Book of Kings and Queens, 1977
* A Book of Marvels and Magic, 1978
* A Book of Spooks and Spectres, 1979
* A Book of Cats and Creatures, 1981
* A Book of Heroes and Heroines, 1982
* A Book of Magic Adventures, 1983
* A Book of Magic Horses, 1984
* A Choice of Magic, 1971 (collection of previously published tales)
* Folk and Fairy Tales, 1978 (collection of previously published tales)
Notes: I really miss these books. I read them in primary school and loved the gorgeous illustrations. These are now out of print. Ebay and antique or used book dealers are the best bets. The last two are the best investments as it took one person two years (and a lot of money) to find them all.

The Colour Fairy Books by Andrew Lang
* Red Fairy Book (1890)
* Green Fairy Book (1892)
* Yellow Fairy Book (1894)
* Pink Fairy Book (1897)
* Grey Fairy Book (1900)
* Violet Fairy Book (1901)
* Crimson Fairy Book (1903)
* Brown Fairy Book (1904)
* Orange Fairy Book (1906)
* Olive Fairy Book (1907)
* Lilac Fairy Book (1910)
Notes: I know they're in the public domain, and I do have the e-books, but there's no illustrations and just having them in their pretty colours on a shelf is nice. I bought the first one in the series, The Blue Fairy Book, from Kinokuniya.

Things I will always need

  • HDDs - my 1TB is more than 2/3 full
  • Socks - I go through them at an alarming and embarrassing rate, so no expensive ones
  • Jewellery - earrings, bracelets, bangles, necklaces; all are welcome

No comments: